Protege Analog Input Expander
Use part no. PRT-ADC4-PCB when ordering
The Protege Analog Input Expander enhances the total integration philosophy of the Protege System by allowing the connection of any industrial automation sensor using the industry standard 0 to 20mA, 4 to 20mA and 0 to 10V signals.
The data from the sensors can then be used for comparison functions, process control calculations, variable display in Protege System Management Suite and alarm activation.
Utilizing the most advanced hardware technology available and integrated with a 32 Bit processor the Protege Analog Input Expander provides a feature rich solution for industrial control and monitoring applications.
- Automatic scaling provides a full 0 to 20mA or 4 to 20mA input range on the current interface.
- 12 Bit precision analog circuitry interfaces to the real world providing accuracy up to 4096 steps.
- 4x 100% independent analog inputs provide excellent noise and interface protection.
Channel Configuration Features
Configuration of the channel allows individual channels to be set up and programmed for specific functions without compromising other channels:
- Each channel can be independently enabled
- Each channel can be configured 0 to 20mA or 0 to 10V independently in software.
- Individual hardware connections to minimise potential damage to the Outputs.
- Always send and send on change can be configured per channel to ensure data is sent in the most efficient manner without continual traffic.
- Log data can be enabled to show information to be saved to a raw event that can be recalled if required.
Connectivity and System Expansion
Expanding the Protege System with 4x analog inputs and 4x low current PGM Outputs from the Protege Analog Expander allows convenient cost effective expansion:
- Dedicated enclosure tamper switches
- 4x low current PGM Output for driving any signaling device
ISCS – ICT Protege Analog Input Expander – Use part no. PRT-ADC4-PCB when ordering