Protege DIN Rail 16 Zone Input Expander
The Protege DIN Rail 16 Zone Input Expander provides the interface of up to 16 zone inputs to the Protege integrated access control, security and building automation system, an advanced technology security product providing seamless and powerful integration.
The Protege DIN Rail 16 Zone Input Expander provides extensive hardware advancements that allow flexible input programming and configuration. The Protege DIN Rail 16 Zone Input Expander is designed for use with Industry Standard DIN Rail Mounting.
- Connect any combination of normally closed or normally open input, configurable per input.
- Utilizes analog to digital processing with 5 over sampling.
- 4 state input alarm using resistors to provide short, alarm, closed and tamper conditions.
- High Performance 32 Bit processor.
The Protege DIN Rail 16 Zone Input Expander operates from a 12VDC input. Ultra low current requirements ensuring cost effective power distribution.
Connectivity and System Expansion
Expanding the Protege System with local inputs from the Protege DIN Rail 16 Zone Input Expander allows convenient cost effective expansion:
- 16 inputs can be assigned to any 4 areas in the system each being processed using different options or features.
- Address configuration of the Protege DIN Rail 16 Zone Input Expander interface is achieved using the address programming feature of the Protege System Controller.
Single RS-485 communication interface port used for all network communication functions and interconnects to other modules.
Utilizing the latest flash technology and high performance communication mediums the firmware of the Protege DIN Rail 16 Zone Input Expander can be updated using the ICT Loadit utility over the Protege system module network.
ISCS – ICT Protege DIN Rail 16 Zone Input Expander