Protege DIN Rail 4A Intelligent Power Supply
The Protege DIN Rail 4A Intelligent Power Supply provides 12VDC power ideal for running security, access control or automation devices along with large numbers of Protege network powered modules in the same installation. The Protege DIN Rail 4A Intelligent Power Supply is designed for use with Industry Standard DIN Rail Mounting.
- Mains input ideal for reducing complexity in set up and ready deployment of module.
- 12VDC Output voltage
- 4 Amps continuous output current
- 2 FORM B Relay Outputs that can be used either as PGMs whilst the module is online within the Protege System, or as additional Status Outputs for backup battery failure/disconnection and AC failure monitoring, when the module is offline/standalone.
- Battery backup connection for continued power delivery in power outage conditions.
- Intelligent charging algorithm monitors battery and AC supply allowing optimum performance to be achieved using standard lead acid batteries.
- Processor controlled battery level testing and indication.
- Protege module network connection for intelligent communication.
- Reporting of actual values for Output voltages, core Protege DIN Rail 4A Intelligent Power Supply voltage and Total Output current supplied.
- Monitored signals for Battery Low/Disconnect and AC Failure using Protege trouble zones and their respective status outputs (FORM B relay outputs).
- High Performance 32 Bit processor.
- Designed for use with Industry Standard DIN Rail Mounting.
The Protege DIN Rail 4A Intelligent Power Supply is capable of supplying power to a large number of smaller devices or multiple high current devices with a combined output of 4 Amps total. Additionally, a battery charging circuit current of 500mA is also provided by the module.
A continuous source of power is maintained with the inclusion of intelligent battery backup charging, optimal level maintenance and seamless switch on AC failure. The battery backup, AC status and core temperature are constantly monitored, and failure conditions are communicated to the Protege System.
Intelligent Power Monitoring
The Protege DIN Rail 4A Intelligent Power Supply is able to relay information about critical system voltages, currents and core temperature to the Protege Integrated System Controller by registering as an analog expander module on the Protege network.
The Protege Integrated System Controller can then store these values in system registers that can be viewed live from the Protege System Management Suite Software. This allows live viewing of the system voltages, currents and core temperature along with logging for review at any time.
Single RS-485 communication interface port used for all network communication functions and interconnects to other modules.
Utilizing the latest flash technology and high performance communication mediums the firmware of the Protege DIN Rail 4A Intelligent Power Supply can be updated using the ICT Loadit utility over the Protege system module network.
ISCS – ICT Protege DIN Rail 4A Intelligent Power Supply