Protege DIN Rail Mini 2 Reader Expander
The Protege DIN Rail Mini 2 Reader Expander provides the interface of up to 4 reader inputs and 2 locking device Outputs to the Protege integrated access control, security and building automation system, an advanced technology security product providing seamless and powerful integration.
The Protege DIN Rail Mini 2 Reader Expander provides extensive hardware advancements that provide flexible access control, area control and alarm monitoring, and is designed for use with Industry Standard DIN Rail Mounting.
- Connect 2 readers using the independent reader inputs or use the 2 reader operation to connect 4 readers providing dual entry and exit door connection.
- Provision to control up to 3 Outputs per reader input with predefined configurations for instant connection (red LED, green LED and buzzer control).
- Support for intelligent reader tamper operation the system will monitor the reader for reader keep-alive transmissions using the programmed protocol.
- Data received display indicates a valid decode of the format on the READER indicator and the reader number the information was received (2 reader mode).
- Fused and monitored reader power supply.
- Over 40 formats predefined for simple configuration, additional formats added using the format builder or implemented directly using the firmware update function.
- Designed for use with Industry Standard DIN Rail Mounting.
The Protege DIN Rail Mini 2 Reader Expander operates from a 12VDC input. Ultra low current requirements ensuring cost effective power distribution.
The Protege DIN Rail Mini 2 Reader Expander allows a user to arm and disarm an area from a reader input when associated with a door:
- Deny access to a user based on the status of the area reducing false alarms.
- Dual presentation of the card can arm an area associated with the entry or exit direction of the door being accessed.
- Fail to arm programmable Output can be programmed to provide feedback in the event areas fail to arm when using card reading functions.
- Prevent access to a keypad using a card and PIN function or allow card presentation to automatically login the user at the associated keypad.
Connectivity and System Expansion
Expanding the Protege System with local zone (input) and PGM (Output) from the Protege DIN Rail Mini 2 Reader Expander allows convenient cost effective expansion and added benefit of dual functionality on door monitoring zones:
- 8 zones can be used to perform any system alarm and automation functions. All 8 zones are assigned functions that are processed by Protege DIN Rail Mini 2 Reader Expander for door control. Each function can be enabled individually.
- Address configuration of the Protege DIN Rail Mini 2 Reader Expander interface is achieved using the address programming feature of the Protege System Controller.
- Unused PGMs for reader control can be used within the system as normal PGMs to control relays, lighting and automation.
Single RS-485 communication interface port used for all network communication functions and interconnects to other modules.
Utilizing the latest flash technology and high performance communication mediums the firmware of the Protege DIN Rail Mini 2 Reader Expander can be updated using the ICT Loadit utility over the Protege system module network.
ISCS – ICT Protege DIN Rail Mini 2 Reader Expander